Registration for the 2018 season begins on January 18, 2018. Registration will close on April 1, 2018.
Registering for the 2018 season requires a few steps:
- Registration on this website (including Player's Promise and Parent Consent/Release)
- Complete the FamilyID registration for the school: https://www.familyid.com/organizations/glencoe-high-school
- Helmet order if you don't already have a Glencoe helmet
- Signed paperwork to Matt Hall: concussion form, student driver form, and alternate driver form
- Download and have your doctor complete the district's medical form, then return to Kory Messmer, Glencoe's athletic secretary:
Online payment is available; if you prefer to pay by check, please send it (along with a copy of your son's registration form for correct posting of your payment) to:
Glencoe Boys Lacrosse Club
PO Box 1133
Hillsboro, OR 97123
Registration Policy: Glencoe Lacrosse Club 2018 Season
Fees and Required Fundraising:
Club costs are $800 per player. The club manages multiple fundraising opportunities to help minimize the out of pocket costs. Each player is asked to sell a minimum of $100 in fundraising through Program Ad sales. In addition, the club has arranged several volunteer fundraising activities. Players (or their families) are requested to volunteer for a minimum of 8 hours and 2 volunteer slots of fundraising activities. If player (or family) has fulfilled the volunteer hours by time of registration, registration will be decreased by another $100. Another $100 can be deducted if 5+ wreaths are sold in that fundraiser. An additional $100 can be deducted for submitting 20 or more emails for the SNAP Raise fundraiser.
If player fully participates in fundraising activities, actual out-of-pocket registration cost is $400.
Actual Player fees: $800
Program Ads sales credit: -$100
8+ hours volunteer fundraising credit: -$100
Wreath Sales fundraising credit: -$100
20+ emails for SNAP Raise fundraising credit: -$100
Net registration $400
Online club registration is open between January 18 and April 1, 2018.
The deadline to request a refund of player dues is the first day of practice. No refunds will be made after this date. All refund requests must be made in writing (email preferred) to the club registrar (email@example.com):
Glencoe Lacrosse Club
P.O. Box 1133
Hillsboro, OR 97123
Refunds will be made by the club via check and NOT ONLINE.
Helmet Policy: Glencoe Lacrosse Club 2018 Season
Purpose: To give guidance to players, coaches and parents about which helmets are approved by the club and address the issue of safety.
- The technology between the CPXR and the Pro 7 is the same. The shapes are slightly different and we would prefer to have the same helmet. We endorse the CPXR helmet because it is more cost effective.
- All JV and Varsity players will have white helmets.
- The decals will be placed on the helmets in a uniform fashion, in compliance with OHSLA rules and club guidelines.
- All varsity helmets will be identical unless there is compelling reason to have a different shaped helmet.
- The club will provide the decals. No unofficial decals will be placed on the helmets.
- The club will offer a purchasing service to help decrease the cost by buying in bulk.
- It is recommended to have helmets re-certified every 3 years to NOCSAE (National Operating Committee on Standards for Athletic Equipment http://www.nocsae.org/ ) standards. This guideline is similar to, if not the same, as that followed by football. The club recommends purchasing a new helmet or have recertification every 3 years.